Call us 020 3404 5116

The Thames Flood Restoration service is divided into two sections: Water Damage Restoration and Building Refurbishment. Our overall aim is to ensure our customers complete satisfaction with the end results.

What to Do in Case of Flooding?

In Case Of Flooding

  • Never touch sources of electricity while standing in flood water.
  • Don't use flood water for anything because it may contain chemicals and animal waste.
  • If there is a need to walk in flood water use a stick to examine if the floor is fine and there are no sharp objects you may walk into.
  • Avoid walking in moving water. 6 inches of moving water are enough to make you fall.
  • Don't drive your car. The roads may be weakened and collapse under the weight of the car.
  • Also, there might be a downed trees and power lines.In case of emergency call 999.
  • Once the flooding is over, do not try to unblock the drains yourself.

If Your Home Is Insured

  • Contact your insurance company. They will send a loss adjuster to look around your property. Then they will tell you what repairs are needed and is policy covered.
  • While you wait for the loss adjuster, make a list of the damages. It is recommended to take pictures as well. A cheap camera will work. Also, do not remove any items from the property.
  • If you rent the property, call the landlord immediately.
  • The costs of drying out, repairing and restoring the property and its fittings are covered by the building insurance. They also cover the cost of the removal of the debris, fees and other charges which are a result of the flooding.
  • Keep copies of all the letters and emails you receive from the insurance company.
  • Building insurances also cover the costs of the alternative accommodation. Often, to make the building habitable again takes a few weeks, even months.
  • The repair of the damaged furniture, equipment and other belongings are usually covered by the contents insurance.
  • If there is a need to get urgent work done in order to reduce the risk or to prevent further damage, always keep the receipts and claim back the outlay.
  • Contact a company to do the water removal and the drying process at your home. Your insurance company will arrange the details via the loss adjuster.

If Your Home Is Uninsured

  • If you haven't obtained a cover by an insurance company, you can contact other specialists. Insurance brokers for example are able to negotiate with insurance companies. They can arrange the insurance companies to cover more specific and major cases.
  • In case you have decided to take care of the repair on your own, the first thing you need to do is to contact a company to remove the water and dry out the place. You can do it yourself but it will take you a lot of time and effort.
  • Get quotes from as many flood repair companies as possible. It is important to compare the prices before the actual booking.
  • You can get help from your local CAB(Citizens Advice Bureau). An experienced adviser will be able to help you with information about who to get in touch with in order to receive help after a flooding.
  • You can also seek help from the government for both home and business owners who are hit by floods. There is a 5,000 “repair and renew”grand for all the affected home and business owners. For details on how to apply for the grant, visit
  • There is a £10 million fund for the farmers as well. If you own fields and they are water-logged, you can contact the government to restore them as quick as possible.
  • After a flooding always contact your local authority to find out what help they provide and how to apply for it. You may be able to get a payment for essential items you need. Also, they are responsible to provide a temporary accommodation for you and your family until you find a place to stay at.
  • Some banks provide interest-free loans for people affected by floods. Check your banks' website for information on what is available.

Thames Flood Restoration is a reliable company providing water damage restoration, water extraction, water damage cleaning and any kind of service you may need after a flooding in your property. Check our services page to find out how we can help you to get your home in its initial condition as soon as possible. You can call us on 020 3404 5116 or fill our Booking form above.

Useful websites in case you are affected by flooding:

Slough Borrow Counsil

London Borough of Hounslow

Richmond and Twickenham Times

London Borough of Richmond upon Thames

Maidenhead Online

Royal Borough of Windsor